Delivering the latest and most up-to-the minute information and entertainment for four solid hours every weekday morning from 5 to 9!
Every morning we do traffic and weather, together on the ones, every 10 minutes to keep you informed of the morning commute and weather that you will encounter before leaving the house.
Sports reports all morning long, at: 15 and: 45 past the hour.
The Wall Street Journal report at: 25 and: 55 past the hour keeps you informed of the latest movement in the financial markets.
We check the headlines twice an hour with full news casts at the beginning of the hour and at: 30 past the hour.
Wake Up with WOOD all week long with West Michigan's Morning News!
Born in Detroit and began my career in 1966 in the mailroom at CKLW, a 50 thousand watt flamethrower that cranked out the top 40 hits of the day. After a number of stops around the country, I landed at WOOD in 1981 and started hosting the morning show in "89".
I did spend a couple of years in the U.P early in my career and that's where I met my wife Laurie. She's a Respiratory Therapist. We have 2 sons, Michael and Patrick along with 2 grandkid's, Alison and Kyle and a spoiled dog (rat and jack) named Calvin.
When not working we enjoy eating out with friends, good wine and travel to anyplace that's warm,especially in the winter
WOOD is one of America's great radio stations ...even though my day starts at 3am... it's still a blast after all these years to come to work.
If you're listening Monday through Friday to West Michigan's Morning News, you'll learn more about me that you ever wanted to know!
This map above shows storm accumulation predictions from the National Weather Service.
Winter Weather Advisory URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND RAPIDS MI
MON FEB 18 2013 MIZ044-050-056-057-064-065-071-072-190500- /O.CON.KGRR.WW.Y.0007.130219T0900Z-130220T0600Z/
NEWAYGO-MUSKEGON-OTTAWA-KENT-ALLEGAN-BARRY-VAN BUREN-KALAMAZOO- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FREMONT...MUSKEGON...
JENISON... GRAND RAPIDS...HOLLAND...HASTINGS...SOUTH HAVEN...KALAMAZOO
1000 PM EST MON FEB 18 2013
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TUESDAY TO 1 AM EST WEDNESDAY... HAZARDOUS WEATHER...
* EVENING RAIN WILL QUICKLY SWITCH OVER TO SNOW LATE TONIGHT.
* STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 5 INCHES WILL BE LIKELY THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING.
* WESTERLY WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH WILL CREATE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND WIND CHILLS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS ON TUESDAY. IMPACTS...
* A QUICK FREEZE UP WILL CAUSE ROADS TO BECOME ICY PRIOR TO DAYBREAK TUESDAY.
* VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN A HALF MILE AT TIMES IN MODERATE SNOWFALL AND BLOWING SNOW ON TUESDAY. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS
... * UNTREATED ROADS WILL TURN ICY AS MOISTURE LEFTOVER FROM THE RAIN ABRUPTLY FREEZES AND SNOW DEVELOPS. PLAN ACCORDINGLY FOR A SLOWER THAN NORMAL
TUESDAY MORNING AND EVENING COMMUTE.
* WEATHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON LINE AT WWW.READY.GOV/WINTER AND HTTP://GO.USA.GOV/5OG.